Not everyone wants to be a movie star

13 de mayo de 2013

Victoria: Can I ask you something? Now, this is gonna sound a little crazy to you, but, uh... Well, I'm a casting agent. That means that I go out and I find people. You know, for really big movies. And I've been observing you. And I honestly think you have something special. As a matter of fact, I'm casting a part right, right now that I think you'd be perfect for. This is a terrific part. You could be a movie star.

Corky: What, like right now?

Victoria: Well, yeah.

Corky: I really wouldn't want to do that, you know. I mean, I have a job. I really wouldn't want to lose this job, you know. I really wouldn't want to fuck things right know, you know. You understand, right?

Victoria: Well... Let's not be hasty. I'm serious about this, you know? I just want to be sure you understand what I'm offering you.

Corky: Yeah, but, you know, I'm a cabdriver. You know, this is what I do. Like I told you, I'm gonna be a mechanic.

Victoria: I don't want to press you. I really don't. But I just want to make sure that I understand. Are you saying that you just wouldn't be interested, in being a movie star?

Corky: Nah...

Victoria: You could be a mechanic later. Everyone wants to be a movie star.

Corky: Look, lady. You know, I like the movies and all... And I see you're being serious, you know. But that's not a real life for me. You know? I mean, I'm sure there's tons of girls who wanna be in the movies and all... And, you know, I...I'm not saying right. It's just that, I have everything planned out for me, you know? I mean, everything's going just right for me now.

Victoria: Well, you can't beat that, can you?

Corky: Nope. But, you know, I mean, I appreciate it.


De Night On Earth (1991), de Jim Jarmusch